Football Academy Level 2
The Level 2 Academy is a one year programme designed to give talented and motivated young sport players the opportunity to develop their skills, fitness and knowledge while continuing in full-time education.
The Men’s and Women’s football academy pathway teams currently play in the Association of Colleges Sport Leagues and the Thurlow Nunn U18 League and Competitions. We have several teams within the pathway with plenty of opportunities for all abilities. The pathway recognises and encourages the talents of players whilst studying for an academic qualification.
The time devoted to technical and physical development is maximised while ensuring competitive games are part of the overall programme. Academy staff are of a minimum of UEFA B level.
A typical programme of study for a sports academy student would be as follows:
- BTEC Level 2 qualification
- A minimum of 4.5 hours coaching in chosen sport
- 1 hour strength and conditioning
- Weekly fixture programme
- Access to injury prevention and rehabilitation services
- Nutritional advice/guidance and support linked to academic lessons
- Additional coaching or leadership qualifications (costs apply)
4 GCSE's at Grades 3-1 (D-G) (English Language at Grade 3/D) or NVQ Level plus 2 GCSE's Grade 3-1 (D-G) or Level 1 qualification (DVS/ NPTC) plus 2 Level 1 Functional Skills.
You will also have to undergo a practical assessment in your sport before being accepted on to the programme.
Normally dependent on the outcome/profile of grades achieved, routes could be:
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport