Golf Academy Level 2
The Level 2 Academy is a one year programme designed to give talented and motivated young sport players the opportunity to develop their skills, fitness and knowledge while continuing in full-time education.
We welcomed back our Golf Academy in 2019 with a new exciting partnership with the Norfolk Family Golf Centre. Working with Performance Coach Lewis Clarke, our students have use of one of the biggest driving ranges in the region. Students will also have the use of the new teaching bay that has pressure plating, 3D motion and high speed cameras that will help players improve their game. Students also receive membership to Bawburgh Golf Club.
A typical programme of study for a sports academy student would be as follows:
- BTEC Level 2 qualification
- A minimum of 4.5 hours coaching in your chosen sport
- 1 hour strength and conditioning
- Weekly fixture programme
- Access to injury prevention and rehabilitation services
- Nutritional advice/guidance and support linked to academic lessons
- Additional coaching or leadership qualifications (costs apply)
4 GCSE's at Grades 3-1 (D-G) (English Language at Grade 3/D) or NVQ Level plus 2 GCSE's Grade 3-1 (D-G) or Level 1 qualification (DVS/ NPTC) plus 2 Level 1 Functional Skills.
You will also have to undergo a practical assessment in your sport before being accepted on to the programme.
Normally dependent on the outcome/profile of grades achieved, routes could be:
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport