NPTC 021654 Level 2 Award in the Safe Application of Pesticides using Pedestrian Hand Held Equipment
Multiple - see below
- Friday 9th July 2021, Part Time
- Thursday 16th September 2021, Part Time
- Friday 15th October 2021, Part Time
- Friday 12th November 2021, Part Time
- Wednesday 15th December 2021, Part Time
- Friday 28th January 2022, Part Time
- Friday 4th March 2022, Part Time
- Thursday 14th April 2022, Part Time
This course is ideal if you are working in forestry, agriculture, horticulture or green keeping and apply pesticides using a pedestrian hand held applicator.
Putting the Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides information into practice.
NPTC 0216-49 PA1is a pre-requisite for this course.
- Calibration of sprayer
- Spraying Speed
- Correct use of concentrated and diluted pesticide
- Correct selection of nozzles and pressure for spraying conditions and types of pesticides used.
- Calculation of area to be sprayed
- Wind speeds and other spraying conditions
- Practical spraying
- Practice for Level 2 Award in the Safe Application of Pesticides using Pedestrian Hand Held Equipment test
This course was previously known as PA6
PA6AW (near or to water) is an additional unit for PA6. Please let us know at the time of booking if you require this, where we will take payment for the additional cost of £75 for AW training and assessment. The AW training will be covered at the end of the PA6 course and the assessment covered during the PA6 assessment.
You will need to bring all weather clothing, steel toe-capped boots, and PPE, Knapsack sprayer, jug and calculator.
This is a 1 day course.
Why Our College?
Real working environment
Learn on our operational commercial farm covering over 200 hectares.
with over 476,000 workers on farms in the UK.
Show your skills
Exhibit your work at regional agricultural shows.
You need to have completed the NPTC 021649 Award in the Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides (formally known as PA1) qualification to attend this course
This course is assessed through a certificate of competence assessment by NPTC assessor after the course. The assessment can be carried out at the college or at the place of work and booked directly with NPTC. You will be assessed by using a combination of practical assessment and theory-based questioning. Please let us know at the time of booking if you require access arrangements.
Friday 9th July 2021, Part Time
Thursday 16th September 2021, Part Time
Friday 15th October 2021, Part Time
Friday 12th November 2021, Part Time
Wednesday 15th December 2021, Part Time
Friday 28th January 2022, Part Time
Friday 4th March 2022, Part Time
Thursday 14th April 2022, Part Time