Rats and Mice Pest Control - From £250
Learn how to control, monitor and get rid of rodents with our Rats and Mice Pest Control course
This classroom based course ideal if you wish to undertake pest control in land-based or related industries
You will learn how to:
- Understand the effect rodent control can have on the environment
- Describe the lifestyle, habits and habitats of rats and mice
- Identify rats and mice and the typical symptoms of damage caused
- Identify the degree and source of infestation
- State the relevant legislative obligations and responsibilities
- Select and carry out the most appropriate method of control in accordance with current legal guidelines and recognised good practice including record keeping and contamination prevention
- Plan, implement and monitor an effective control programme
- Purchase, transportation, safe use, cleaning and storage of poisons and related equipment
- Identify suitable areas for trapping and different types of trap
- Understand fire arms law relating to the use of weapons in vermin control
- Current rodenticides and formulations
- The safe use, storage, transport and disposal of rodenticides
- Non chemical rodent control
Duration : 1 day
Times : 9am to 4.30pm
Once you have completed the training course you will carry out an individual assessment
Why Our College?
Real working environment
Learn on our operational commercial farm covering over 200 hectares.
with over 476,000 workers on farms in the UK.
Show your skills
Exhibit your work at regional agricultural shows.
No formal entry requirements