Skip to content

Higher Education Finance

Higher Education fees

You can find fee information for each of our degrees on their course page, view our courses. 

Student loans

You may be eligible for a tuition fee loan from Student Finance England to cover the cost of tuition fees. There may also be maintenance loans available depending on your circumstances.

Click here to find out more about student loans

Student loans do not have to be paid back until after you complete your course and you are earning at least £27,295. For students who start their degree after September 2023, the repayment threshold will be reduced to £25,000. 

If you have dependent children, you may also be eligible for other help such as a Parents Learning Allowance or a Childcare Grant. If you are disabled you may be eligible for a Disabled Students Allowance.

Find out more

Paying by tuition fee loan    

If you are eligible for a tuition fee loan from Student Finance England you will need to bring proof of your application with you when you enrol. If you do not bring this paperwork then you will be required to pay 25% of your fee.

If we cancel a course which you have paid for, we will give you a full refund. If you withdraw from your course early you will be liable for some of the fee on a pro-rata basis. If you are eligible for a tuition fee loan the fee on withdrawal will normally be recalculated as follows (plus a £50 admin fee): 25% in term one, 50% in term two and 100% in term three.

Part time Higher Education Students

Tuition fee loans will normally be available to you if you study on a part time course. Find out more here.

Fees for part time Higher Education courses are usually charged at the rate of 50% of the FT fee rate for qualifying courses.

Part-time options are not available for all other Easton College HE courses.

If you are eligible for a tuition fee student loan please bring proof when you come to enrol. If you do not bring proof you may be required to pay 25% of your fee at enrolment.

Disabled Students Allowance

If you face extra costs because you have a disability - then you may be able to get help from the Disabled Students' Allowance scheme. Find out more here

More advice about funding and support at our College is available from Curriculum Services on 01603 773439 or

Council Tax Exemption

If you study full time, our College can provide you with a council tax exemption certificate which you can pass to your local authority. 

If there is only one other adult in your household or if live independently then you can reduce your council tax bill whilst you are a student. Once enrolled on to the course you will be able to access a council tax exemption letter to present to your local council.

Land based charities and trusts

Other organisations kindly provide funding for students on Agricultural/Land based courses.

Their application criteria differ to government funded bursaries. Contact a student advisor in the Student Centre for further information regarding these bursaries.

Higher Education Student Hardship Fund

The Higher Education Hardship Fund is used to support enrolled students facing financial hardship. 

HE Student Hardship Fund Information and Application Form

Contact our Finance Adviser

More advice about Higher Education funding is available from our Financial advisors. You can contact Mantas Beniulis or Rachel McGrath on 01603 773322 or